The outbreak of COVID-19 has seen an increase in scams and doorstep traders who are trying to exploit fear and uncertainty during this difficult time.
Find out about some of the COVID-19 scams to beware of and how to stay safe in our guide Stay home, stay safe, stay scam aware. You can also download and print our Stay home, stay safe, stay scam aware poster to put up in your communities.
We’re also warning the public to be on their guard following reports that fraudsters are sending out fake texts offering a Covid-19 vaccine in an attempt to steal bank details.
You can find more information on how to spot and stay safe from scammers in our guide Scams, rogue traders and doorstep crime.
For more news, information and resources to help you stay safe from COVID-19 scams, see:
- Citizens Advice – check if something might be a scam.
- Action Fraud – COVID-19 related scams.
- National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) Cyber Aware.
- NCSC Suspicious Email Reporting Service.
- GOV.UK – Examples of HMRC related phishing emails and bogus contact.
We also have consumer guides on the following COVID-19 topics:
- Face masks and hand sanitisers consumer guide.
- Contracts cancelled due to coronavirus – general advice.
- Accommodation holidays cancelled due to coronavirus – guide for consumers.