Skip to content


For consumer advice

We are unable to deal with consumer issues directly. For consumer issues, please contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline to report full details of your problem and get advice.

For business and farming advice

We can provide guidance about complying with trading law, animal health and welfare and any of the other areas that we cover. We now charge for any tailored, bespoke advice packages. See our guidance for businesses for more information and to access our free self-help guides.

If you would like to access our tailored business services but have not yet registered your business with us, register online first.

  • For any enquiries regarding Primary Authority: 01392 381381.

For all other enquiries about business or farming advice:

  • For businesses and partners calling from Devon: 01392 381381.
  • For businesses and partners calling from Plymouth: 01752 304147.
  • For businesses and partners calling from Somerset: 0300 123 2224.
  • For businesses and partners calling from Torbay: 01803 208025.

Details of your enquiry will be taken, and an officer will contact you within five working days.

Alternatively, you can contact us using the following details:

  • Email:
  • Post: Heart of the South West Trading Standards Service, County Hall, Topsham Road, Exeter, Devon EX2 4QD.

If you are contacting us with a new enquiry please provide as much detail as possible including details of the product, selling platform and a brief outline of your business model.

If you are following up on a previous matter please provide your reference number or the name of the officer you dealt with.

In an emergency

For out-of-hours reports about animal health, animal disease outbreak, petroleum, explosives or safety emergencies please call 01392 499499.