Bespoke or commissioned work from customers
All work not otherwise listed on this schedule and conducted on the instigation of the customer, e.g. bespoke advice or support not covered elsewhere in this Schedule, issue or alteration of Sports Grounds Safety Certificates.
- £85 per hour +VAT.
- Some services may be VAT exempt, please ask on initial enquiry.
- External training for local businesses: £85 per hour (total cost will be agreed on a course by course basis).
- DCATS metrology laboratory: £85 per hour +VAT.
- Other courses – arranged by Devon TS and made available to non-DCC TS officers: No fixed fee (price will be agreed on a course by course basis).
- Some training may be VAT exempt, please ask on initial enquiry.
Primary Authority partnerships
For our charges for Primary Authority partnerships, see Primary Authority partnership fees.
Weights and Measures Act 1985 s74 & s76
This table shows the fees for our most common weights and measures services. For a full list of all our fees and charges visit the Devon County Council website.
|Fee code||Service area||Fee||Notes|
|Measuring Instruments Directive (MID) (2004/22 EC)|
|VM1||Initial conformity assessment. Devon is only approved and competent to initially verify Non-Automatic Weighing Instruments (NAWI) as part of the Trading Standards South West (TSSW) Approved Body. Bookings can be taken for Bulk Fuel Meter Measuring System initial verification under MID, but this work will be conducted by South Gloucester Metrology Services.||£119.30 per hour +VAT|
|Weights (service carried out at County Hall)|
|VFF||Weights above 5kg or below 500mg||£12.00 +VAT||If a weight requires adjustment and retesting an additional fee of the same amount will be charged.|
|VFF||Weights 500mg to 5kg||£9.90 +VAT||If a weight requires adjustment and retesting an additional fee of the same amount will be charged.|
|Measuring instruments for liquid fuel and lubricants|
|VA2||Single/Multi-outlets (nozzles) All nozzles tested||£119.30 per hour +VAT||++Waiting time|
++Waiting time: Where delays in excess of half an hour occur during on-site verifications waiting time will be charged, in multiples of half hour at hourly rate fee, if delays are due to (but not solely):
- engineers being late
- equipment not being ready for testing
- delays getting on site.
Additionally where a pre-booked appointment is cancelled on the day of the verification a 50% surcharge of the verification fee will be levied.
- Investigation costs: £85 per hour.
Help us improve
"*" indicates required fields