Skip to content


Performing animals

If you keep or train animals for exhibition, you may need to be licensed by your local district council.

The law relating to these activities changed on 1 October 2018 – responsibility for licensing and enforcement has moved from us to local district councils.

If you have a performing animal licence previously issued by us, you need to reapply to your local district or borough council for a new licence under the new legislation. You can find their details using the GOV.UK website.

Read the new legislation at